|AA:SF (Overmatch) v184.108.40.206 Patch - File Description
| Description: |
This patch was created to address a few minor issues prior to the next release of America’s Army.
We have enabled Global Forceclassing (FC) on honor bearing servers. Individual FC can still be used but not on honor servers. Using a Global FC on everyone levels the playing field for all. When using Global FC, honor is accrued at less than normal rates due to the fact that old maps were created with specific weapon loadouts in mind. Forceclassed Servers will show up in MBS with an (FC) preceding their name for easy identification.
Spaces in user account names are no longer permitted. If you have an old account with a space it has been replaced with an underscore character (_) or in the case of conflicts a number. You should have received an email to your address of record indicating the change. All of your other account information was retained.
Ban system again supports banning by IP, MAC, or Name/PBGUID (for PB servers banning by NAME will result in a PBGUID ban instead of a name ban). Ban system now supports console commands to list ban lists in sets of 20 (or so) to allow "scrolling" through the list to locate banned players. The Admin Command Post only supports showing the first 100 ban entries but now has a wider list to show all the ban details. The Banning system was rewritten and includes the preliminary ability to download a ban list from a web server on game server startup.
The following INI section can be added to support this:
This will cause the game server to try to retrieve the "BanList.status" file from the web server using the URL:
http://www.somedomain.com/AA2831BanList/BanList.status (using the example above) which will be compared to the local version to see if the ban list file version matches.
The BanList.status file contains the following lines:
If the version does not match (regardless as to whether it's newer or older) the remote BanList.txt file is downloaded from the web server. It is not recommended to use this for large ban lists. It is anticipated this ban list management system will be expanded in future versions of America's Army.
Player Admin support has been rewritten to require player administrators to have passwords. The new AASM provides support for creating the appropriate format PlayerAdmin entries. For those wishing to manually edit their INI file the PlayerAdmin setting is now in the format "PlayerAdmin=, " (e.g. "PlayerAdmin=Bob,mysecretpassword"). Player Admins wanting to join the server must join the server using either the MBS browser and right-clicking on the server name (with it selected) and choosing "Join As Player Admin" or by joining via the console using this format "open ?PAPassword=" (e.g. "open 192.168.0.1?PAPassword=mysecretpassword"). You must have logged into your account in order to use this functionality on any official or authorized server.
The General System Requirements for America's Army are:
* Video card supporting Pixel Shader 2.0 or later with at least 128MB RAM.
* Any modern Intel or AMD processor.
This can include Intel Core2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 or Intel Pentium 4***
* English version of these Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows(r) 2000 SP4
Microsoft Windows(r) XP SP2
Microsoft Windows(r) Vista SP1
* 512Gb RAM or more.
* 3.5Gb of uncompressed hard disk space for game files
* DVD-ROM (not required for downloaded installations)
* Mouse and keyboard
* DirectX(r)9.0c or later
* 100% Compatible DirectX 9.0 soundcard
* Internet connection
*** - Please note that the Clock Frequency required to player America’s Army has been omitted due to performance differences between processor vendors and their processor families. Systems running Intel Core2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 require lower CPU clock frequencies to run America’s Army efficiently. Systems using Intel Pentium 4 may require higher clock frequencies due to the nature of the products design - as a guideline generally the higher the core frequency the better the expected performance.
Important Note for Server Hosts/Admins
The cooperative missions will take significantly more CPU resources to run during normal gameplay due to the additional AI processing load (shared between the server & client). Server hosts planning to run Co-Op servers should plan accordingly. In addition, players running a Co-Op server and client on the same machine will experience heavy CPU demand.
It is recommended that server rotations switch only from Co-Op level to Co-Op level, or MP to MP level for best performance.
The internet ports currently required to be open for America's Army v2.8.3 are listed below:
UDP - 1716, 1717, 1718, 8777, 27900
TCP - 14200, 20025-45, 20046, 20047, 20048, 28910
UDP ports explained:
1716 for the Game,
1717 for the GameQuery,
1718 for the Master Server Query,
8777 for the Standard UT Query, and 27900 for GameSpy.
TCP ports explained:
28910 for GameSpy
20025-45 for MBS Game Server,
20046 for the Auth server,
20047 for MBS, 20048 for DCDS, and 14200 for LAN.
NOTE: This list only includes bugs present in v2.8.3 that have been fixed.
Certain security/exploit fixes have been purposely excluded from this list.
* SF Snakeplain: Were unable to use Javelin in the second 18Z slot until weapon is dropped
* SF Snakeplain: A crash related to the Javelin destroying an enemy vehicle has been fixed.
* SF Floodgate: Player pawns were spawning in with the wrong team
* SF Floodgate: Player pawn was able to get into unintended area
* Banning a player who has spaces in their name did not work properly
* The "Save As" menu function was not available.
* Round timer was very small in spectate mode and blocked by text
* Console was deleting messages randomly
* Weapon FOV was incorrect after weapon swap
* Fixed an issue where switching to a grenade while zoomed could result in an unresponsive weapon.
* Fixed an issue in the linux server related to the chat log pathing.
* Player was able to remove most recoil from a weapon by going scoped and sprinting at the same time
Known Editor Issues
When the Editor is launched, the viewports will appear to be missing or all white. To resolve this issue simply go to "View > Viewports > Configure ...", select one of the options and click OK.
When the Editor is launched the brightness/gamma will be increased.
Adjustments to the gamma can be made in "View > Gamma Options".
Unable to select any map objects (static meshes, brushes, etc) using right or left mouse click
** This issue is specific to systems with ATI graphics cards ** and occurs due to Anti-Aliasing and/or Anisotropic Filtering being enabled.
Disabling these settings has been shown to resolve the problem.
Dual Monitor Setup: Unable to move the Editor from one monitor to the other.
** This issue is specific to systems with ATI graphics cards **
To resolve this issue, click the View menu and uncheck "Automatically reposition windows".
|AA:SF (Overmatch) v220.127.116.11 Patch - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
|AA:SF (Overmatch) v18.104.22.168 Patch - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. AA Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 18 | Last comment: 10-23-2008 at 15:15
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!